Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mommy's Day Off: Fun with Friends Edition

Last night our game night peoples were able to break away from their busy schedules and join us for a much overdue game night. I LOVE getting together with these people! We laugh SO HARD. I know we are all getting old too because after a particular hilarious moment that had us laughing we all spent the next minute trying to catch our breath. No one talked, no one moved. We just sat there trying to breathe.

I made enchiladas and a peach cobbler (in the crock pot) and Jen brought some yummy chips and dip. We rounded the meal off with lots of caffeine. heehee 
 The kids stayed with us and they really behaved well over all. Josiah wanted to play Apples to Apples with us so he laid down a Curious George card and we ran with it. He loved "playing" with us.
 Another fun part of the night was when Josiah was getting put to bed and brought his Godfather his Bible and asked him to do devotions with him. Can I just say what a great group of friends we have? Seriously. Everything stopped and we all listened as a verse was read and explained to Jman.
 It is NOT easy to have devotions with a little one. Trying to take a verse and bring it down to their level is not simple especially off the cuff. I'm thankful these are the kinds of people surrounding our kids.
 This morning I went and picked up Dory and we went yard sale shopping together. Today was a good day for yard sales in our neighborhood! It is so much fun when you have a friend along. Here is what I picked up... well, all that I can show you. I grabbed three other items as well, but they are going to be Christmas gifts for Josiah so they are safely hidden away. (Gotta love 3 gifts for $1.50)

I found a shirt, a canning pot with the basket inside, and a stand that my hubby will be making some simple adjustments to so it will hang on the wall in the kitchen to be my fruit basket. I'm kinda excited about the canning pot. Next time I make preserves it will be such a big help to have two canners going at once!
While I was gone my hubby got the lawn mowed AND washed the dishes! Seriously, I LOVE that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment