Monday, August 12, 2013

Josiah's First Day of Kindergarten

The title should really be "Josiah's first day of kindergarten, first day on a new schedule, Mommy's first day back to her diet and excercise, and Joanna's first day of  'why do I have to play by myself". As you can imagine it has been a very FULL day. I am exhausted!

We wanted to make Josiah's first day memorable and do something that will become a tradition in the following years. We decided on taking him to pick out a special doughnut (Of course he choose one with sprinkles on top!) and chocolate milk. We took it to the park to eat and to have about five minutes of play time.



I think my FAVORITE part of the day had to be the drive to the store. He was so excited about school and the fact that he had no idea what we were doing. He was just chattering away and all Michael and I could do was smile and hold hands and savor the moment.

Josiah was asking if he could learn about all the animals that live in Florida and Alaska. "Can we, Mommy? hee hee I mean, Teacher? hee hee I will call you Mommy Teacher!" I bottled up that sweet moment because I know the coming years will have plenty of moments I will want to forget but not that one. I'll treasure his enthusiasm and sweetness as much as possible.




So Josiah's first day of kindergarten is in the books! It was a good day especially since he remembered most of what I've already taught him! :) I know I am biased but he is such a smart kid; he just soaks everything in. He will definitely keep me on my toes to keep him challenged. "Is that all, Mom? I mean, Mommy Teacher? Can we do more work?"

Tomorrow, big guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment