Friday, August 23, 2013

A is for Apple

Here are a few snippets from school this week.

You can't tell by his face but he really enjoyed playing around with play dough to make upper and lower case U and I.
 Counting paper clips. :)
 Learning to write cursive letter e.

He is blowing me away with his ability to catch on so quick!
 Joanna wandered in and had to find out what her Bubba was doing.
 She had to get a closer look.
The only weakness so far that I've noticed is Josiah has a hard time distinguishing which vowel sound he hears when the vowel is in the middle of the word. (cat, bet) He can answer almost immediately with the correct answer if the vowel begins the word. (apple, egg) We'll keep working at it though and I am sure it will all click together in time.

I asked him what was his favorite thing about school this week and he said "Doing my elevator." It is a little game I used for the last three days to help with vowel sound recognition. If he could figure out what vowel he heard in the word I said then he got to move the elevator up to the next floor. Today he finally made it up all six floors!

Kindergarten Week Two: Completed

No comments:

Post a Comment