Thursday, August 8, 2013

Showers of Blessings

Last night our church showered our love on a sweet young lady who is soon to be married. We had a wonderful night of fellowship and food. It all reminded me of what a wonderful Church family I am a part of here at LBC.
 I was blessed with so many ladies who helped bring food and some even brought extra food! Then the big kicker is watching ladies helping me clean up. It can be a daunting task to have to clean up but when you have several ladies just jump right in and help you... wow! I am so blessed to have these ladies in my life!
 The bride to be, Julie and her mom and best friend took care of decorating the tables (which I forgot to take a pic!). They did a lovely job! I loved looking at all their pictures they had on the tables.
 My mom volunteered to keep the kids for me on Tuesday while I worked on getting the cake baked and decorated. What a huge blessing that was!!! :) I was supposed to start back on my diet today... but I have leftover cake in my frig. Monday. I'll start back Monday. I promise! ;)
On a side note, the church foyer is getting a makeover!!! I am excited to see the outcome on Sunday! This is just another instance of church family seeing a need and filling it!
I'm blessed to be a part of the Family of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment