Monday, August 22, 2011

Josiah's First Day of School! ;)

 Today, Little man had his first "official" non-official day of pre-school!!!! He was so excited!
This week we are learning the color 'red'! He enjoyed coloring his paper.
After he colored his balloon, I pulled out a red gift bag that I had filled with various items from around the house that are red. He loved pulling out each item and saying what it was and what color it is.
He especially loved his apple that he pulled out of the bag.
I also had a little cup of red koolaid for him to enjoy with his snack!
Then we circled the objects that were red. He did very well with this paper! I would ask him if the item was red and he would say "NOOOOO!" or "YESSSSS", then I told him to circle it, I helped him with the first one but he did the rest unassisted! He only tried to tell me one wrong answer, He really wanted to circle that car. "Look, Mommy! It's a Rory Racing Car!"

 We also learned about the letter 'A'. He has been walking around all night saying "A says a, a, a, as in apple!" (Sorry, I couldn't find the symbol for a short 'a' sound, but you know what I mean!)

We both had so much fun with our first day of preschool! He was so excited to show Daddy all his papers! Tomorrow we get to make an apple crisp for Nana and Granddaddy, so that should be lots of fun and a big mess! Can't wait!

~Joy


4 comments:

  1. question......what "curriculum" are you using? I have been thinking about doing the same with Austin. as he will be 3 in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad we could help with PE class. :)
    -Dory and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, right now I am using material that I've gathered since college and free preschool printables off the internet and making my own lesson plans.

    We have our eye on this- http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/learn-your-letters-learn-to-serve-complete-curriculum-kit
    for next year or possibly LFBC's preschool book. I really like the learn to serve curriculum but it is over his head right now. He doesn't turn 3 until January... BUT he is loving the simple things I am doing with him.

    A couple printable sites that I have used so far is www.tlsbooks.com and www.kidslearningstation.com

    Let me know if you come across another site that is helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Dory! You can be his PE teacher from now on! And if you ever live close to us you can be his 'higher' math teacher! lol

    ReplyDelete