Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Catch All Post

"Life" has been insanely busy. I thought that was supposed to stop when 'summer' came to a close. But, Oh, yeah, we kinda bought a house a month ago and have only lived here for two weeks and some odd days. I think that might have something to do with the whole insanely busy part.

So I just wanted to tell ye ole internet a few things about the last few days because I'm in the sharing mood. Aren't you lucky? Am I being sarcastic? I'm too tired and its hard to tell.

#1- I have discovered something wonderful!
Now before you think I locked my kid out, I didn't. I have discovered that having a screened porch is an incredible blessing and I think everyone should have one. I stayed indoors in the wonderful a/c while Josiah happily played on the porch with his toys. It was a thing of beauty. I could see him, he could see me, he was happy, and my house was quiet. It was lovely.

#2- Josiah plays so much better here at our new house! Last night he voluntarily played in his room for 30-45 minutes straight.
He came to me after he played with his legos. He said "Look Mommy! I made castle with my radio station". Which interprets to "I made a building that looks like the college tower where the radio station is at". It made me laugh because he absolutely loves the radio station and Mr. Lewis who works there. He has caught on to some of the liners and has memorized them. It cracks me up to here him say "FM Haines City" and "Gospel ninety point tree".

#3- I splurged and bought some flowers at Lowe's today!!! :)
There are two hooks on the porch and while I swept the porch yesterday I had the thought I need some flowers to hang on those hooks. So I bought some today and I love that they add a splash of color. I think they might be a little too big for that spot but that's where they will be until I find something else. I think Lowe's is going to be my favorite store for the next few months. Oh, I also grabbed some paint color samples. I am so excited!

#4- This might be TMI for some of you...
This little guy stayed DRY ALL NIGHT LONG LAST NIGHT!!!!!! This is like a major deal... he does great when he is awake but has only stayed dry during nap time a handful of times and to stay dry all night long... I'm so pleased!

#5- I went to Publix today and couponed for the first time in a few months. I saved about 50%. I found a package of steaks and a pack of ground turkey on clearance! I also grabbed some fresh veggies so I think I did good with buying meat and fresh veggies and still saving $$$. I am really looking forward to getting back into the swing of couponing!

#6- I took Josiah to the chiropractor with me yesterday for the first time. I tried to prepare him for what he'd see so it wouldn't scare him. When we walked in and I signed in the receptionist said hi to him and he said "Mommy back hurt, put on table, make all better."  Which totally made her laugh.

There really isn't a dull moment around here and I love it! I could use some more sleep right now though... maybe tonight. :)

Joy



1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! LOVE your flowers! Yay!!! So proud that he stayed dry all night! and LOL at his instructions to the receptionist. I bet he and Dr. S hit it right off! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete