Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Gratituesday: New Life

Just a few days ago I started my seedlings for our garden. I don't know about everyone but I love planting seeds and watching them sprout. I know I am goofy but every time I walk by my plants I have to check their progress. Even if I just looked 30 minutes ago.

These are some of my herbs coming up for some sunshine.

My Pastors are always saying that if you farm or garden it makes understanding certain passages of the Bible so much more clearly. And they are so right. This morning when I saw my green beans it made me think of a passage of Scripture I ended my blog post with the other day. I've been meditating on it all throughout the day.

II Corinthians 5:17 
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(emphasis is mine)


I am so thankful that when Christ forgave me of my sins that I became a new creature in Him. By the grace of God I am no longer what I was.

I also notice my green beans are shedding their outer cover. They are getting rid of a weight that can keep them from growing properly and producing all that they are capable of.

Hebrews 12:1-2 
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Christ has paid the ultimate price for me, he endured things I can not even imagine. For ME! I am so thankful that God in his majesty could look down on me, knowing everything I am, have done, will do. Yet he deemed me worth such a high price as sending His Son, Christ, to die for me. To take the blame of all my sin upon him. 

He gave his all for me. Do you know that he gave his all for you too? If you are unsure of where you will spend eternity, PLEASE read this! It is SO important to really KNOW. In fact, it will be the most important decision of your life.

If you already know that your eternal home will be with Jesus in Heaven, take some time and just THANK him. 

HE IS WORTHY!


Revelation 5:12
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. Reminds me, too, that growing can be hard, pushing up through all that dirt. But SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete