Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gratituesday: Josiah's Principal

I have been doing "school" with Josiah for about the last year and a half. In that time I have learned so much. I have learned that it is NOT all rainbows and butterfly's. Yet, it is incredibly rewarding to watch your child grow and mature. 
Looking at some of his work when we first started out or even just a month ago to looking at what he can do today is just amazing. I mean last week he couldn't say the "L" sound and now he walks around the house saying "lion, lamb, and lunch" as many times as he can.

I do have to say it totally and completely cracks me up when he says to someone "No that is not the right way to say that... Repeat after me" and then gives a pronunciation lesson to someone. He was trying to get his cousin to pronounce something the other day and they were making me giggle!
One of the BIGGEST blessings though is listening to Josiah and Daddy review school work at night. Michael goes over each paper praising him for what he did well and encouraging him in the areas he struggles. It is a special time between them that Josiah looks forward to.

I am so thankful for Josiah's "principal" who is actively involved. I know it is not easy for Michael to come home from work and to have to "think", but his effort in doing so makes a huge difference! I could tell an immediate difference in Josiah's attitude toward his school work once Michael began this routine.

I have been gearing up to start Kindergarten in the fall and the thought kinda overwhelms me at times. Thankfully though, my hubby stands beside me cheering me on. He listens to me trying to feebly explain what I am learning and what I need to learn in order to be the best and most efficient teacher that I can be.

Josiah and Joanna have the best principal ever, and I have one handsome boss!  ;) It is so reassuring to know that He is there to help me on this journey. 

Can I just throw something else in too? Last week the Lord blessed us with an incredible amount of curriculum from someone! My sister also brought over a whole bunch of stuff that we will be able to use for school! I love how the Lord meets a need before I actually realize the need exists!

God spoils me!

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment