Tuesday, July 24, 2012

B.F.F.

I wish everyone could have a Best Friend Forever. When you're young you throw that phrase around rather flippantly. You don't realize that TRUE friendships are precious and extremely rare anymore.
 It's the kind of friendship that lasts through the test of time, distance, engagements, marriages, births of babies. It lasts through the good, bad, and ugly in your lives and doesn't leave you high and dry no matter the circumstance.
 The kind of friendship where you can call and say "Praise the Lord, listen to what just happened" as well as "Pray for me. I can't tell you why. I just need you to pray." And sometimes its the freedom to rant and talk it out without being judged a horrible person because you're struggling with something.
 The kind of friendship that gives you freedom to have other friends without jealousy, because you know where you stand with each other.
 The kind of friendship that doesn't take offense when you say something stupid to each other. You take it in stride knowing that they are having a rough day and later on you just say "I was stupid" and you move on with life.
 It is the kind of friendship when getting together means Ben & Jerry's, a movie, and pajamas. You never have to entertain each other or continuously talk. Silence is golden especially in the middle of a movie!
 True friendship is saying "I'm thirsty and I'm raiding your fridge."
And probably one of my favorite parts of it all is after not having seen my BFF in several months- there is no awkward silence. She still makes fun of me, and I still can't make a good come back on the spur of the moment.

I am extremely blessed to have a handful of true friends, but there is nothing so sweet as a friendship that has been tested and tried over a period of several years. I am blessed beyond measure to call Sami my BFF!

I am also thankful that our girls are so close in age! I see slumber parties in our future and that makes me happy! :D

Sami, when our girls have their 13th birthday party and they start being silly and having fun by dancing around and thinking no one is watching... Wanna hide and video tape it all just like your mom did???? lol

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet! I love this piece and you're exactly right. :)

    ReplyDelete