Friday, May 31, 2013

Fruit Pickers!

This morning the kids and I met up with my good friend Dory and her two girls to pick blueberries at a local U-Pick farm. It was such a beautiful morning to be outside (even though my allergies didn't think so). The breeze was blowing and there were NO sudden rainstorms (I've gotten caught in two this week!). 

{My Fruit Pickers}
 Jman was actually a really good blueberry picker. I was impressed that he only had a handful of berries that weren't fully ripened. He was not however thrilled to dump "HIS berries in MOMMY'S bucket" "Now I haven't any berries AT ALL." (Lord, please help me through this new stage of parenting!)
 The girls did fairly well for being stuck in the stroller majority of the time. They got to enjoy snacks when they started fussing. All in all the kids were good and it was a good harvest of blueberries for us.
 I've already got a pie chillin' in the frig for dessert tonight. I would just like to say that the pan the berries were cooked in, was in fact, FINGER LICKIN' GOOD! True Story.
 Tomorrow's plans are for those berries to meet those jars. MMmmm! My mom will finally have some fresh preserves to eat that she isn't allergic to. Mom? You do like blueberries, right? :)
I might have about two cups of berries leftover that I'll use as snacks and maybe pancakes. I'm already wishing I was able to pick more! I *might* have to go back next week if they're still open.

Have A Fabulous Friday, Peeps!

1 comment: