Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ahhhhh....

Yesterday I jumped in the car with two other friends and went to Anna Maria Island!
It was so beautiful! 
We had the place to ourselves for about 2 whole hours!!!
All the birds kept putting on a little show for us.
We had such a relaxing time playing in the crystal clear water.
 The treasures we found...
 My sweet friend 'Mrs. P' is the QUEEN when it comes to finding shells and sand dollars!
One of the coolest things was all the dolphins that we spotted! A boat actually chased some toward the beach and we jumped up and ran after them to try and get a picture. They were gone by the time we got close enough but we had fun running down the beach anyway. The other neat thing that happened was no more than five minutes after getting out of the water the group off to the left of us spotted a manatee! We could see it moving but not clearly. We ran down the beach to watch as it headed toward a fisherman standing in the water. In the picture below the manatee is right in front of him! The guy said it came to within 5 feet of him. We would of probably passed out if we were still in the water!
He is actually looking down at the manatee in the water.
I had such a relaxing time yesterday. It was so nice to be with the girls and catch up with them.
Then to top the day off, Church last night was INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love it when the message "just happens" to coincide with my devotions. I can't wait to re-listen to it! And for the first time in a couple of weeks I fell asleep quickly without having to take anything! I credit that to a stress free day and a good dose of God's Word!
This morning I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle some of these chores that I have been putting off. Its amazing how a little break can make such a big difference. Now I am off to sort laundry... :)

~Joy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, amen, my sister!!! I agree 100% with everything you said in this post! :oD

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete