Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip

Spent: $27.33  Saved: $68.24 or 71%
I was in a bit of a rush to get home when I was looking at the meat so looking back I know I didn't make a wise choice. Oh well. The boneless skinless chicken breast were the only packages that had the $1.50 off wyb Philadelphia cooking creme. I really wanted to buy the chicken quarters. I saw a package that was just under $4 that would have been a much better deal if I could've used that coupon that was on the package of the chicken breast. If I had more time I would have asked if that was okay and might have had some packages broken up and still ended up with way more chicken for my money. As it is I paid $9 for both packages- not a very good deal. 

Other than that I was pleased. My store was out of some cat food and the lower priced vitamins that I would've gotten for free, maybe next week! :)

I had to chuckle to myself as I left the store. I have three really great cashiers that I like to use. Two of them were working today so I just chose the shortest line. The one cashier, Betty, that I didn't go to came to me as I was fixing to exit the door. She hugged my necked and asked me how Josiah and I was doing and let me know she has missed seeing me the last few weeks. This is why I shop at Publix, my friends! They have THE BEST CASHIERS! And they have awesome bakery dudes who will break packages into smaller sizes! Not to mention the great guys that load my groceries in my truck which totally saves my back! 

So, I paid a bit more for chicken than I wanted to (lesson learned) but where else am I going to have a cashier tell me that they missed seeing me last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment