Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sour Cream Cake = Priceless Moment

Yesterday I was able to purchase 2 packages of strawberries for 17 cents each. I knew right away what I wanted to do with one pack. So yesterday afternoon I pulled out my favorite kitchen appliance- my KitchenAid Stand Mixer to get started on a Sour Cream Cake.
 Josiah was busy playing as I finished mixing all the ingredients. I took the bowl over to the stove where the pan was ready and waiting. I was busy trying to get all the batter out of the bowl. 
It is a very thick batter so you really have to scrape to get it out. I was almost finished when I heard Josiah say "YUM! YUM! BUTTER!". I stopped everything and ran and grabbed my camera!
He is definitely mine and Michael's child.
 Mine- because he knows good things are made with a KitchenAid.
 Michael's- because he already knows to sneak a taste when I have my back turned.
After much finger-licking, he went back for more.
He is getting so smart and a bit mischievous.

In case you are wondering what I did with the cake...
 I used it to make Strawberry Shortcake. I like it this way MUCH better than those little store bought shortcakes. :)
I didn't have any whipped cream so I used ice cream and it turned out GREAT! :)

May all your strawberry shortcake dreams come true this strawberry season,
Joy

1 comment: