Friday, March 18, 2011

My "not so little" Blessings

About two weeks ago now my WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS & HANDSOME HUBBY got me a new phone! It was a glorious day! Several people have welcomed me to the 21st Century. :) 
It is a Droid 2 Global! 
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the slide out keyboard. I am now a texting maniac!
It has already been such a huge blessing to me! Y'all are really going to know I am weird now... but I LOVE the calculator on this phone. Ha! How did I ever live without it? ;) I won't even mention that wonderful Kindle app! *Happy Sigh*

Then yesterday all three of us drove down to Sebring and spent time with my sister's family and also where we...

picked up...

a....

FREEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little freezer was just not capable of holding all my stuff anymore. It was a good problem to have and now I am so happy to have a new-to-us mini deep freezer to help out. 
I had to be extremely picky with what freezer food I bought due to not having space. Knowing that I was getting this freezer soon I had begun to use a freezer in the center building out here just until today when I could get things changed over. I was like a giddy little school girl running into that building this morning to grab everything and transfer is over to our new beauty. I couldn't wait to organize it all!

*Heavy Sigh*

When I entered the building I could smell something was not right and wondered to myself "Why does it smell like rotten food?" It was like a light bulb went off in my head. As I drew closer to the freezer the smell got stronger and I was so flabbergasted to see that ALL that food was now completely thawed and rotting.

I am so thankful my hubby was home to take care of getting all the food out to the dumpster and then cleaning the freezer out. I'd still be crying if I had to do that chore.

But, despite the fact that I had to watch a full bag of boneless, skinless chicken breast be thrown away -
I am still so blessed! I don't want the fact that I lost food to overshadow the very real presence of an answer to prayer that is now freezing food no more than five feet away from me!

ISN'T GOD GOOD?!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, yes, He sure is!!! He brought you a new-to-you freezer, just when you needed it! so sorry about the loss of all the food, though. I do understand that. We once had a freezer go out while we were on vacation. It was sad. BUT we were blessed, because my friend who was feeding our cats figured out what had happened, cleaned out the freezer, and bought us a few things to replace all we had lost!

    Yep, our God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete