Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CVS/Publix Weekly Shopping Trip

Publix Trip #1
Spent: $10.93 Saved: $35.06 or 76%

Publix Trip #2
Spent: $1.13 Saved: $30.50 or 96%



Josiah is SO excited about his 'race car yogurt'! The yogurt and the breakfast bowls were all 50 cents each! The dentastix only rang up for $3!! So I had a lot more overage than I thought that I would have which helped bring my total further down.

***************

CVS Transaction #1
Spent: $1.87 Saved: $29.79 or 94%



CVS Transaction #2
Spent: $0.35 Saved: $6.77 or 95%

CVS Transaction #3
Spent: $12.26 Saved: $29.45 or 71%
I was a little bummed that they were out of the free toothpaste and theraflu. I had to re-work my transactions in the store- a little nerve racking with a two year old. :) But I was still very pleased how it turned out.

Overall spent this week: $26.54 Saved: $131.57 or 83%

3 comments:

  1. wowzers!!! yeah, that re-figuring in the store is for the birds! i just cannot do it...i get too flustered. i can't even imagine doing it with a mobile, verbal toddler in tow!!! LOL!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're using the ECBs on the front end to help pay down the items then? I have tried this, but I can never keep ECBs. For instance... I went to CVS yesterday and bought a thing of Crest mouthwash for 3.47 and got 2.50 back in ECBs. Then I also got $5 ECBs back on my $15 skin care purchase. So, I used both of those in a separate transaction for the largest item I bought (a waterPik). How do you amass the ECBs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, Like you are explaining I roll the ecb's as best as I can on the products I buy. Sometimes I end of using all my ecb's and I have to 'start over' as it were. It is a bit of trial and error until you get the hang of knowing when to use your ecb's or to hold them. If you are not aware of southernsavers.com they can explain it way better than I!!! Just look under cvs- they also give you scenarios to use each week in the current ad. :) But I think you did well using the ecb's to help buy the most expensive item. :)

    ReplyDelete