Saturday, March 12, 2011

Strawberry Festival

Ahh! Last night Michael and I bummed a ride with our two great friends Michael and Jennifer and headed to the Strawberry Festival!!!
We all know one of the main highlights of going to the fair is the food!!! You have to be selective because your stomach can only hold so much. Everything was so good!
 {Michael and I shared our food, I think he didn't want to let me have my bite in the this picture. lol}

When we left the park there was a produce stand that we stopped at. They had these HUGE Vidalia Onions that they were selling for $1 a piece. My first words were "that's a REALLY good price!"
I sauteed one of these bad boys tonight and now I am wishing that I bought more than four. I am not even exaggerating when I say that these onions taste awesome. These will not last long in our house.

Our friends sent us home with these strawberries. {They are really awesome! The strawberries are pretty good too! hehe}
We got them washed and hulled this afternoon and then I set out to make a Strawberry Pie. Except I could not find a recipe that I liked. I ended up using a portion of three different recipes and then I made up some of it and came up with what I am calling a 'Strawberry Cream Fluff Pie'.
I was really pleased with how it turned out. The only adjustments I will make to it is more melted white chocolate on the crust and less almond flavoring in the filling.
I think Michael and Josiah liked it too. :)
Next time anyone sees Paula Dean let her know that I will gladly work from home! :) I had so much fun making this pie, it was right up my alley since I didn't have to really measure anything. When Michael and I first got married, I used to scare him when I cooked because I don't really 'follow' a recipe, I just use it as a guide.

I am going to go change my clocks forward now and pray we get up at the right time tomorrow!! 
Good Night, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment