Friday, December 6, 2013

L is for Lion

What a crazy week to start back to school. Michael started back last Saturday with their Bible Time. He was teaching Josiah about patience. We made yeast rolls together and they baked one without letting it rest or rise. Then they baked one without letting it rise. Then of course the third one is the finished product. They were yummy (The finished ones, of course.) and it was an easy hands-on illustration about being patient.
 I think Josiah enjoyed his vacation from school a little too much. He kept asking if we could have another one this week as well. I feel like we barely made it through this week.

He seemed to have "forgotten" how to write his name or any of his letters. That felt like starting back at day one. I think Wednesday was the day that he came to the realization that Mommy and Daddy mean business with this back to school work stuff.
 Josiah is what I would consider a typical four year old boy. He doesn't like to sit still long enough to write or color. Yesterday he had one paper left to finish and he would be done. On the back all he had to do was circle the correct blend and then color the cat.

He brings his paper to me and says that he is done. I look at it and ask him why he didn't finish coloring the cat. His answer?

"Well, mom, don't you know that cats are sometimes white? I wanted to have a white cat. But I did color his scarf so I'm done."

I about lost it! It still makes me laugh to think about it! :) I did make him go color the cat. It is now black with red, green, and blue highlights.
Michael took Josiah to our Church's elementary chapel this morning. There are some missionaries that are there and they were going to do a presentation on bees. (We seem to keep running into anything and everything about bees! Am I the only one who seems to think that's insanely crazy?!)

One of my friends sent me this picture of Josiah joining in on the "Kazoo Choir". :) I hope he has fun because when he gets home he has work to do. ;)

 
Week 15: Complete! (Well, this afternoon it will be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment