Friday, November 8, 2013

J is for Jar

During Bible Time Michael made a maze of sorts using yarn. He then clipped clothes pins randomly. As Josiah would follow the string when he got to a pin he had to say something he was thankful for. They had great fun. :)
 Joanna doing her color paper during Bible Time. She thinks she is such a big girl!
 Here is Josiah's math test this week. He is supposed to only be counting to 79 but he tends to be an overachiever in Math so he is counting to 100. He also tends to say, "Can we do more?"
He never asks to do more in handwriting, though. Ha! We have two more letters to go over and then we will have made it through all the lowercase cursive letters. Then he gets to start seat work. :)

We are currently reading books about sea life. I am amazed at all the creatures I never knew existed in the ocean. Crazy looking things, too.

While out yard saleing on Saturday I was able to pick up a couple of Boxcar Children chapter books. Josiah seems to really enjoy me reading them to him. He thinks it is great fun but he doesn't realize that while I'm reading this story to him that I am also asking questions afterwards to see how his reading comprehension is coming along.

The chapter that I left off of Wednesday night ended with the children hearing a "crack, crack, crack" in the woods. Yesterday morning Josiah was telling me that he can't wait to find out what is in the woods and that he thinks it is going to be an egg. I was like "an egg?" I couldn't figure out how an egg would make a crack sound in the woods. Then he explained that he thinks someone is "CRACKing" an egg. I almost started laughing but instead told him that we would find out that night.

Gotta love that boy!

Week 13: Complete!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment