Saturday, June 22, 2013

Yard Sale Treasures

Late this morning, Josiah and I headed out in my neighborhood to hit up two yard sales. I've had $25 that I have been hanging on to that I earned and it was starting to burn a hole! :) 

The first one I stopped at I really didn't see anything first off that I wanted and then I came across something I just told Michael I would like to have for home school purposes... a small white board! I just priced some at Staples last Saturday and decided that I didn't need a white board that bad. And then today... Bam! Here ya go!
It was leaned up against a small stool, something else I've wanted for use in my kitchen!
I asked the guy how much he wanted for them and he said a dollar for both. I was all like "I'm sorry. Did you say a dollar for both?" :) Sold! (with my spare change!) I've already got all the stuff I need to spruce the stool up a bit!

Then if God hasn't already blessed me enough I show up at the second yard sale. Already thrilled with my finds I just browsed and found a bunch of stuff I didn't need. The lady asked me what I was looking for and then told me to pass the word along to anyone looking for patio furniture she was selling her set for $25. "$25? I'll take it!" I didn't even bother asking her how much in the first place because I figured it would be expensive. She is moving so she was selling at rock bottom prices. She ended up sending us home with a few free items too!

I have been wanting patio furniture FOREVER! Okay, maybe not "forever" but ever since we've been in our house. I put my money that I earned to good use, I now am the owner of a four piece set! It needs some TLC and I am incredibly willing to give it! 
 The above double and the below single chair are both rockers!
 This chair and ottoman are stationary.
It needs new cushion covers and I am planning to spray paint the wicker. I am SO EXCITED!

The really neat "God did this thing" on the chairs is that I walk in this neighborhood and a couple of weeks ago I saw the set on the porch of the house. I fell in love with the style and told God I would like something like that one day.

I am completely blown away at what God has provided for our family at a fraction of the cost. He is so good to us way beyond imaginable!

No comments:

Post a Comment