Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On The Mend

For the last week I've been dealing with severe back and hip pain. As in "touch me and I will cry". I was basically in bed from Wednesday night until Monday morning. My parents kindly sent me to my massage therapist who really worked me over.

For the record- doctors, chiropractors and massage therapists all say the same phrase. And I hate it. "Just relax and breathe through the pain." I really want to say something snarky like "I'd like to see you breathe through the pain and relax while someone is digging their fingers into your muscles."

It isn't a pleasant experience but I am so thankful for the results that come from what I believe to be torture. I think I am finally on the mend. I am still very sore and sometimes the pain comes back but its bearable. I am just going to have to be very careful for a while to not re-injure myself.

Enough about me. Michael has been absolutely wonderful through all this. He has kept the house habitable, the children (and me) fed and has just now ventured to the grocery store. I promise I will not even pick on him if he returns home with a few things not found on the grocery list.

Big thank you as well goes to my parents for babysitting, chauffeuring me, and for an unexpected meal.  I also had two of my neighbors that kept the kids so I can make it to my appointment. Then I think about those of you who called, sent me kind notes and texts, and most of all prayed for me. When I was really hurting on Thursday I read and reread everything that people sent me and I prayed for you and thanked God that I have people who care for me no matter what.

I was really sad to miss spending time with my friend, Sheila, who was here last week. But it was fun texting back and forth. Then I thought I was going to miss seeing my cousin Amanda and her new baby who were in town for just a few days for a funeral. I was THRILLED though that they went out of their way to come to my house so I could get a glimpse of their sweet Amanda Joy! That baby is a DOLL and I am so jealous that Joanna doesn't have that head of hair. :)


 I held her for about 30 seconds and loved that baby goodness until she decided she'd rather have mommy. :) Thank you Amanda and James for making my day! :)

 As you can see my children are still alive and having fun. Josiah's favorite thing right now is bubble baths. Joanna's favorite thing is food. She eats more than Josiah right now. :)
I am thankful for the reminder this week that I have the best family and friends a girl could have. Here's to a quiet and hopefully uneventful week...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are seeing some improvement! And "amen!" to having wonderful family and friends! Hoping you will soon be back to "normal"!

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete