Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Day Another Diaper

I have missed spending time with my kids over the last week. It has been so nice to really enjoy them today. Even getting chores done with them has been enjoyable.

In order for me to get the laundry folded Josiah had to bring me the clothes and then he would throw the clothes on top of the bed so I could easily reach them. Jman brought some toys to my room so he could play on the other half of my bed. It was sweet that he just wanted to be near me and talk with me.

I briefly left the room to put something away and when I came back he was hiding and giggling. He put a toy on top of some laundry and thought it was the funniest thing ever. 
I played along with it and we both had a fun time giggling with each other. And I just have to tell you guys that Josiah calls the masseuse a "moose". It is hilarious when he asks me "Are you feeling better after you saw the moose?" 

This morning while Josiah was working on his school work at the table I spent some cuddle time with Joanna and watched her play with her kitchen and talk on her phone. She had so much to say that I can't wait for the day to hear her speak something I can understand. 

Baby girl was really tired again today. She got really quiet and I found her asleep on the kitchen floor. I got her up and took her to her room to lay her down and she just looks at me and gives me a big ole smile and then closes her eyes. 
I tell you, there are days that make me wish I could hibernate for six months. Then there are days... days that are just so sweet and full of fun memories that I want to stop time and press replay over and over again. Today would be one of those days I'd want to replay. I might skip the parts where Joanna played in the toilet and where Josiah smacked Jo in the head with his Woody doll on accident. But I just might play them because what's life without a little bedlam?

So my first full day back "in charge" reminds me how blessed I am that two little mischievous monkeys call me Mama (or Mommy or Mom or Eeeeehhhhhhh or Aahhhhhhh). Silly giggles, sweet grins and slobbery kisses have made my day brighter (even if my windows are too smudged to let the sun shine in).
 
I'm blessed.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment