Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blood & Stamps

My sister and her hubby took a couple of their teens to a youth camp in Georgia this week and left the twins with me! They have been really good and Josiah has been really bad. :( He thinks he gets to show off I guess.

Anyways, they all have been playing like crazy with all of J's toys. There have been a few mishaps... Josiah got wacked in the head with his toy golf club and ended up with a bloodied and fat lip. My half full book of stamps got used like stickers.... it is now a widely known fact that my desk is off limits.

I am wondering if I can mail construction paper as is.

Oh, and the liberty bell is now pink. lol
 What a day!

The girls think I'm a good cook. They sure like that grilled cheese that was slightly burned on one side. (why must everything 'happen' while I'm trying to cook?) I used the old butter knife trick and they didn't even notice that they were eating burned bread. And I just have to add I only had to say this phrase once, 'that's fine if you don't want to eat your green beans, I have some prune juice in the refrigerator you can have instead.' :D

And here are a few pictures for Nana and Granddaddy since I just got a message asking why I haven't posted anything. In my defense I've only had them since yesterday!!

Madelyn
 M & R
 Regyn
 Movie Time!
Josiah looked at me as I was cleaning his bloody lip and said all pouty like, "I wanna watch a movie now, Mommy."
On the way home tonight from camp one of the girls was asking Josiah what s-t-o-p spelled and he said 'uh... uh... WALMART!!!!' The girls sounded exasperated when they said 'No! It spells stop!' My first reaction was "WALMART????? Why couldn't you have said PUBLIX????" but I settled on "Girls, he doesn't know how to spell yet."

I wish I could remember all of the funny things that they all have said to each other this week. They have kept me in stitches when I am not looking at a pink liberty bell on a piece of construction paper. :)

Hope you all have a great night!
Joy

1 comment:

  1. oh.my.

    so...be sure to tell Becky that the only souvenir you want from her travels is a full book of stamps!!! lol!

    i'm afraid i wouldn't have been very gracious about that...but it sure is funny afterwards! i'll be sure to tell Mama about it in the morning. she will get a kick out of that! :)

    our amusement at your expense - literally! bahahaha...i crack me up!

    love ya, Cuz! you are a good sister/aunt/mommy/friend...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete