Monday, April 18, 2011

Thankful

 Psalm 68:19
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah."
 
This verse came to my mind last night, and then this morning as
I looked at this cute little face covered in yogurt.
He asked for yogurt so I got it out and opened it and got him a spoon. Then he decides that he didn't want it anymore. I explained to him that it wasn't nice to ask for something then turn it down when it was in front of him. I then told him that he WAS going to eat the yogurt and NOT put it on the floor. I made sure he understood that it was not to be found on the floor, then I went and did the dishes.
When he told me it was all gone, I came over and tried my best to keep a serious face. 
He looks at me and says "Mommy, yogurt not on floor! YAY!"
Then he turns on his serious face and says, "On face, made mess, sticky."
 
So do I really believe that God DAILY loadeth us with benefits? 
The answer is YES!!!!!

If I can't find a blessing from God each day than perhaps I am focusing too much on the sticky mess and not on the fact that for the first time yogurt was not on the floor, or that those same little hands that make a mess from time to time also brings me flowers and rocks.

Maybe this isn't a really good explanation or illustration but to me it blessed my heart and reminded me of how much God loves us and how much he gives to us!
Has the Lord given you something to be thankful for today?


 


1 comment:

  1. Yes - Ike's caregiver was EARLY today! And did everything I asked her to do quickly and really well! (Not that she doesn't do that every day - I was just really THANKFUL for it TODAY!)

    =)

    ReplyDelete