Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Finished!

As of today I am officially finished with my Christmas shopping! Everything is wrapped and marked and ready to go. I even wrapped all the stocking stuffers so I could get them up and out of the way and not have to keep an eye on my husband who likes to try to shake everything and see if he can figure out what it is.

This morning Josiah and I went to Winter Haven to go to the Christian book store and pick up some new books for me and my Mom. I love this particular book store because right in the middle of the store is a walled off play area. Josiah had a great time playing and it was so nice not to have to keep his little hands off of everything.

I grabbed a couple authors we've never read before so I am hoping they turn out to be good. It made me laugh that I got a stack of books for us girls and one little measly book for Josiah. He is too young to notice though! :)

After that we went into Wal-Mart to pick up some baking supplies. (Sorry, Michael P. - I've already checked Publix's sale and they didn't have what I needed on sale.) :) As we were leaving the store this van that was parked outside sounded terrible. I thought it was cute because Josiah was staring at it and saying 'Uh-Ohh!'. Future mechanic, maybe?

Last year we decided to start a tradition for Josiah in which we would get him a new ornament each year. This was last years ornament.
This is what I got for him this year.
I wish it had the year on it, so I may keep this one for us and buy one with the year on it after Christmas when they mark everything down unless I come across something before then. I haven't decided yet. Here is what the back of the ornament looks like.

This weekend is jam packed with activities and I am looking forward to it all! The most exciting is I get to see a dear friend get married tomorrow night!
If Josiah looks like he's up to something mischeivious- He was! The little bugger climbed on top of my desk and reached his Nemo dvd then came back to the computer desk and was trying to get the movie in the dvd slot. He is so stinking smart, even if the overalls he wore today were an inch above his ankles. He is growing like a weed! I can't believe he will turn two years old in a couple of weeks.

Merry Week Before Christmas!
Joy

2 comments:

  1. ok, an easy fix for your ornament: get a metallic paint pen, and write 2010 on the ornament right under the picture. (Or if you want it really pretty, bring it to Michael, Jr. to write it in calligraphy!) LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea better than my original! The only thing I could think of was a Sharpie! lol

    ReplyDelete