Thursday, September 19, 2013

Musical Baby Shower

Last night there was a baby shower for one of the ladies in our church. I had so much fun preparing for this shower. The mommy to be is a music lover and she is naming her little girl Melody so I had fun incorporating as much music as possible.

Once again I intended to take pictures during the shower but once ladies start arriving my mind is going so fast with what comes next that I never remember to take pictures. We had a nice group of ladies turn out and I had so many ladies pitch in and help at various times which was a HUGE blessing!

 We used toy instruments and sheet music as table decor. I had two dear friends allow us to borrow some of their toys for the evening. Another lady popped in before church and filled all the balloons for me and tied them to the table.

 I attempted making my first banner. I didn't really measure anything so some of the pennants were different sizes. haha
 My attempt at a sandwich piano. Note to self never try this again with "squishy" sandwiches. The jewish rye bread was pimento cheese and it just squished out when I cut it. haha It was a little messy. :) I forgot to take a picture of the cheese and pepperoni tray- some of the cheese pieces were in note shapes.
 And the cake! :)
Once again I had ladies who volunteered to help clean up. They washed and dried all the dishes for me! Then others helped collect all the table decor. Then a huge thank you (from my back!) to Dory for also doing the vacuuming for me!!! I really appreciate all the help cleaning up as well as all the ladies who brought food.

What a lovely evening we had showering love on Sister in Christ! I can't wait to meet baby Melody! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment