Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Gratituesday - Happy Anniversary to my Pastor!

This past Sunday, we celebrated Pastor Carter's 42nd anniversary at Landmark! Every year we celebrate in a big way and we call it Anniversary Sunday. Everyone goes all out! There were over 3,000 people on the property with several services proclaiming the love of Jesus.

Michael went with a dinosaur theme in our Jr. Church. All the balloons were given away at the end of the service. (Praise the Lord!)



 I think Michael did a great job on balloons this year! :)

We had 285 3rd-5th graders- at least they are supposed to be in 3rd-5th. ;) We had nearly 20 workers helping us out! I do have to say we had the BEST group of WORKers! Everyone jumped in and did their part and just rolled with the punches.
 At the invitation there were 55 who came back for salvation. The workers did an amazing job at splitting the kids up into small groups and giving a clear presentation of the gospel. I was given a few testimonies by some of the workers that the Lord was very evident in dealing with their group of kids.
 Following the church service we all head to the field for all kinds of games. Since having kids I don't get to be a part of the work crew but I get to take my kids around and watch them enjoy themselves.

Jman loved the hay ride! He got on all by himself without giving me a second look. He is growing up too fast!
 Next, he stood in line for the duck pond and won a tootsie roll.
 Then he stood in line skipped several people in line at the pony rides. lol  I couldn't get in line with him since I had the stroller so every once in a while he would just skip people. Everyone was so gracious. His little four year old body just wanted to get on the horsey not stand in line!
 This is Michael's balloon line!
Josiah and Joanna were wiped out! This was J after church on Sunday night. Poor guy asked me if he could go to bed. :) (Let's get inside first, little man.)
I am so thankful for a pastor who has been faithful for so many years. We are truly blessed! And praise the Lord for the 297 souls that were saved across the property! I am so thankful to be a part of a church that reaches souls for Christ!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment