Friday, January 6, 2012

Grills and Chores

 Many thanks to my Aunt and Uncle for giving us a propane tank for our grill! It works wonderfully! Michael had a huge smile on his face last night as he got to use it for the first time!
 Little man got to sit and watch Daddy as he grilled.

Yesterday while browsing the meat section at Publix looking for clearanced meat, I came across a pack of Beef Tenderloin Steaks for $3.50! There was a regular pack right beside them that was $11! I snatched them up so fast and couldn't wait to tell Michael he'd be grilling that night. The steaks were so incredibly tender and went along very well with my homemade twice baked potatoes and a doctored up can of cream corn. I figured it up that this yummy meal cost just under $5 but it tasted like we spent $20 on it. :)
 Something I am starting today is teaching Josiah another aspect of personal responsibility. If he spills something liquid we don't have to tell him to clean it up, he just automatically finds a towel and cleans it up as best as he can. My goal is for him to be this way when he drops crumbs on the floor.
 So I introduced him today to "His Broom". It is going to take a few weeks for him to learn how to use it properly... lets just say his coordination with two objects at the same time need help.
All in all, I think it is going to be wonderful once he learns to coordinate both arms at the same time and once he can remember to check for a mess and then clean it up without being told. Another wonderful thing is that this will become one chore that I will no longer have to constantly do on my own. The bittersweet part is that my little Squirmy Worm is growing up so fast!

I found a great idea this morning on one of my blogs! I am so excited to try this!!! It is Homemade Oatmeal Packets. Josiah is an oatmeal eater if I ever saw one. We can get him to eat something different for breakfast every once in a while but this kids asks for oatmeal every morning! He is also getting to where he wants more than just one packet. We buy both the flavored stuff and the plain stuff and he scarfs it all down so as soon as I can go buy the quick cooking oats (because I'm an Old Fashioned oats kind of girl) I am going to give this a try and see how he likes it. :)

This morning I woke up thinking that I was having a relapse of that cold but after medicine and going back to bed until lunch time I am doing much better. I am going to continue to rest the remainder of the day, and ignore the dishes and laundry. I really don't want to find myself completely sick again. My best friend is only here for another week and Josiah's birthday is this next Saturday. I MUST stay well!!! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment