Monday, January 2, 2012

Better Late Than Never...








We had a rather unusual Christmas this year. At least it was for me having been sick and not having hardly any energy. Despite all that it was a good day. We woke Josiah up a little earlier than planned so I could eat breakfast since I already took my medicine. I tried a new recipe... fail. I didn't like it and it was too sweet so I ended up eating a hot pocket. lol

Josiah opened his presents and played with Michael with a few of them. Then we got ready for church. My purse was stocked with cough drops and toilet paper. Nice, huh? We had a great morning in Church, and there was a great turn out of kids in our Jr. Church!

My parents joined us at the house for lunch, and Josiah told them the Christmas story (which was really cute), I completely lost my voice to which my husband actually said "Praise the Lord"... I told him he had kitchen duty. lol Then we all took naps. I ended up staying home from Church that night because I was so sick.

So it was nothing overly special since I just didn't have any energy but Michael was such a HUGE help and tried to make it special for Josiah. Thankfully I am on the uphill climb of this cold... its hanging on for dear life. We have enjoyed Michael's time off from work so much. He has gotten so much house stuff done that I will have to do another post just to show the progress we are making on the house.

On a side note... Christmas cards went out late for obvious reasons... plus we had no stamps for the family who live in the Northern Regions... So yeah, Merry Christmas & Happy New year a few weeks late. :) Which is another reason this post is named "better late than never"...

Have a great day!
Joy

1 comment:

  1. sweet pics! I think you did really, really well for your being so sick that day! don't worry about your cards being late...at least you got them out. we thought about New Year's cards...briefly. now I'm thinking - "maybe Valentine's Day cards???" LOL

    ReplyDelete