Friday, January 20, 2012

Birthdays and Blessings

Josiah's birthday was this past Saturday the 14th. My Dad was out of town hunting and there was just so much going on that we decided that we'd have a party for him the 21st. At the same time Sami and Ailey were spending their last weekend in sunny Florida and they along with Sami's mom and my mom were fortunately able to come over and help us sing "Happy Birthday" to our little guy. Although Ailey started screaming due to my hubby's melodious way of singing that song we had a nice evening.
 He couldn't wait for everyone to eat their cake so he could open the presents that Sami and Ms. Sharmel brought for him.
 They spoiled him big time with a camera and a ball tent. Josiah carries his camera around everyday taking pictures. I think I finally have him trained to not push the red button which deletes the pictures. :)

 Another blessing we've had this past week is my sister was getting rid of her china cabinet to make room for a larger dining room table. My darling hubby moved a light switch over so we could get it to fit in our house! I enjoyed pulling some stuff out to put into the cabinet but I don't want to fill it up too much because we are hoping to paint the kitchen soon. YAY!
 I told my husband that I am either really redneck or have watched way too many episodes of Macgyver growing up. In unpacking my goblets I came across my curtains for the kitchen and I was determined to hang them up even though I didn't have the correct size rod. They are crooked but they are up! I used a piece of leftover electrical wiring to connect the two pieces of my curtain rod together. I felt pretty good to get them to actually hang up there without falling down.

I got a new rod yesterday but we won't bother trying to put it up until after we paint since I am going to have Michael hang them up higher. Call me crazy but I have this thing about stuff being not necessarily the same height but it should be proportionately pleasing to my eyes and the fact that my windows are two inches shorter than the top of the cabinets irks me... and I can't see out the window above the sink while doing dishes because the curtain hangs too low. 
 My sister came up for a visit yesterday and I asked her if her and Larry have any furniture left in their house. :) It seems everything that we have had need of has been sitting in their garage and just waiting for us. This cute little dresser is now in Josiah's room. The large dresser is needed in Tadpole's room since it is also the changing table. Becky and Larry, Thank you!
We are looking forward to Josiah's birthday party tomorrow afternoon, we are also celebrating my Dad's birthday as well. It's just going to be family and its going to be simple, but I am excited nonetheless. :) I'll be sure to post pictures early next week! :)

1 comment: