Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Swords, Boxes, and Pepsi Throwback

Michael is in Bradenten this week at Bible Baptist Church. He sent me these pictures from his phone of the awesome decorations that the church did for their vbs.
One of the church ladies has connections with a local play theatre! Michael was super impressed with the costumes and true to guy fashion... a sword. He sent me a picture of it but I couldn't get it to open.
Michael says that things are going really well and that there has been a huge attendance of over 200 every night with last night being close to 300. When I talked to him today he was in the midst of making 200 balloon swords. Any child who brings a parent or an adult with them tomorrow night will get to take home a sword.

Pray for his fingers. :)

Josiah and I have kept busy while Daddy is away. We've done a lot of playing on the floor,
and playing outside.
 (Do you like the 'fog' effect on my outside pictures? Cold camera+Hot outside=fogged up lens)
J loves to play 'night-night'. He'll snore and then 'wake up'.
 His favorite phrases this week include: Awesome, That's Awesome, Last Night, Be Riiiiiight back, and Mommy, Come Here!
 We also went to Publix this morning and grabbed a few things. Josiah was so good in the store. I saved 59% today. I didn't really have many coupons, I just wasn't feelin' it this week. It was good to see my favorite cashier again. As soon as she saw me she started asking me why I haven't been in the store much AND she still remembers Josiah's name! I love my Publix! 
Main reason I haven't really couponed lately is I've been busy packing. Here is what I've gotten done today. It really doesn't seem like a lot but it is when you've had a full day of shopping and taking care of a 2 yr old.
Amidst my packing this is my reading material for the week. A friend gave me the Once a month cooking book on Sunday and I've already fallen in love with it! :) I love to cook extra and freeze it so I'll have an easy meal I can pull out on a busy night. I am hoping this will help me understand a bit more so I can learn to put more in the freezer and avoid McDonalds.
 On a side note... Has anyone tried Pepsi Throwback? I have become addicted! It is so good! I know, I know. I talk about avoiding McDonald's and then I show a picture of pepsi. Call me a retard y'all but it is 
SO GOOD!
Tomorrow I'm taking Josiah to meet up with some friends at the library for story time and then let him play at the park till I start to sweat too much. But for now I am going to go sit down with my pepsi and read until Josiah wakes up from his nap in 30 minutes. Have a great day y'all!

                                                                                                  ~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment