Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip

I am totally lovin' the Viva Italia! Sale @ Publix!

Please no snooty comments, but I made three trips to Publix this week. It would have only been two but my store of choice was out of some items, so when I was in Haines City I ran into that store to pick up the rest of my stuff. I don't normally do this but the sale was totally worth it.

Trip #1
Spent: $10.41  Saved: $36.78 or 78%

Trip #2
Spent: $11.26  Saved: $103.23 or 90%
 

Trip #3
Spent: $16.33  Saved: $51.93 or 76%
Please note that I would not have bought that fruit, except I need it for a fruit platter. I did have a coupon for $3 off fruit which paid for the apples, but the honeydew ($3.69) and grapes (2.69) were a little pricey since it was not a good sale for them. But I am so tired of buying fruit and veggies at Walmart and they start to mold or turn soft within a day or two. (Publix has totally spoiled me) If I didn't need to buy the fruit my total would have been under $10. And have you seen the price of milk lately??? Man, to think if I didn't buy those two fruits or the milk I would have only had to pay about $6! But, I love me some milk. :)
It makes me feel better having said that. :)

Grand Total
Spent: $38.00  Saved: $191.94 or 83%

Did anyone else take advantage of this sale ad?  What was your favorite item in this weeks sale?
The cheese and canned veggies were obviously my favorite! I just need to reorganize my pantry now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok. First of all let me say. I love your blog so much I am apparently following you twice! :) I am excited about the cheese and the cat food! I am getting 4 bags of cat food for $3!!! Amazing deals this week!!

    ReplyDelete