Saturday, February 12, 2011

This and That

These last couple of weeks have been crazy, or maybe I am just feeling crazy. The jury is still out on that one. So in effort of catching you up on what we've been doing I am going to use the bullet method and try not to forget anything important like how many cheerios are all over the floor. Oh and this will be NOT be in order. :)

  • I got to spend a day with my mom this week! We went to the book store (my favorite part) then we went to Olive Garden and had one of their new items and it was so yummy! Then we finished up with a run to Walmart where I spent WAY TOO MUCH COTTON-PICKIN' MONEY.

  • My mom bought me a new 12qt Stockpot and I LOVE IT!!! I made my own chicken stock that very afternoon and it turned out so well! 
  • I had a disaster in the kitchen, two actually. First one involved a new container of cornstarch and the second one was a boil over which I have yet to completely clean up. I guess you can say a third disaster as well, because my kitchen is currently a mess.

  • A very sweet boy at Church gave Josiah his train table and a full bag of trains that he has outgrown. J loves it! It even has a little top that goes over it to turn it into a flat table top. It's so cool!

  • Friday night Michael & I went to a friends house and ate some yummy food!!! Side Note: You know God has blessed you with AMAZING friends when they make two separate pans of food so you don't have to choke down nasty fungus. :) And then we played a few rounds of Bananagrams in which you have to yell out that you are taking a dump and that is just weird my friends. Michael was having fun making a design with all the pieces before we started the game.

  • We've taught Josiah how to say booger-head.Yes, yes, I know. It's funny now but it won't be funny later. I'm sure all of you that are shaking your head at me are right, but it's so cute! Booger-head!

  • We went to an open house today that wasn't open. (Am I the only one who thinks its retarded to advertise an open house and not clearly state 'by appt. only'?) (Doesn't that totally go against calling it an OPEN house?) ugh. I'll never fully understand the real estate world.
***Updated- The final word is that the dude who was supposed to open it just didn't show up. Nice.***

    • There is a piece of cheesecake in my refrigerator! I repeat. There is a piece of cheesecake in my refrigerator! (But not for long!!!)
    • We had an impromptu house guest last night. Josiah loves HM!

    That about sums it up for now. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to being in God's House tomorrow!

    1 comment: