Friday, February 18, 2011

Family Field Trip

A few months ago, I mentioned to Michael that I thought it would be fun to take Josiah to Green Meadows Farm. About a week and a half passed and Michael came home with two tickets for us to go! (Josiah is still free!) He told me how he came across a deal for buy one ticket get one free, so he grabbed them for us.

We were supposed to go over Christmas break but I got the flu and I wasn't going anywhere. Then we planned it at least two other times and had to keep canceling it for one reason or another. But, thankfully yesterday nothing came up to prevent us from going.

We had SOOOO much fun together! Michael and I loved to just watch Josiah as he ran around all excited getting to pet all the animals. He really loved the train ride too, the hayride he didn't seem to enjoy as much but I can't blame him that hay was itchy. :)
 He thought the chickens were cool.
 
 Duck,
 Duck,
 Llama!
"Llama Face, Llama Face!" 
Please tell me I'm not the only one who says that when I see a llama. :)
 Pony ride- he absolutely loved it!
 Train ride
 A very contented little boy enjoying the 'choo-choo'.
 

 I liked this bunny until it scratched me as I was putting it down.
 We all milked a cow. :)
 "Everybody's got a water buffalo..."
 Sheep
 Baby Ducks
 Goats
The most comical and most disgusting part of the day happened right after this picture with the goats. They have you leave the pen and then they fill your hands with goat food and let you feed them from the outside of the fence. Michael was helping Josiah feed one while I videoed. Our curious little stinker said 'I want one.' then popped one of the nuggets of feed into his mouth. *nasty*

Michael told me that we would definitely be coming back! I think we had as much fun as Josiah did. :) Although I could have done without the whole eating of the goat food episode. 

-Joy

1 comment:

  1. Uh...yeah...GROSS, Josiah!!! Bleck! Had a little shiver, just thinking about that.

    I took a class of 4 & 5 year olds there one year, just before Thanksgiving, and they all got to pick out a pumpkin. They had a wonderful day, too. It's a really nice place. :)

    So glad you had a good day,
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete