Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Shopping Trip

My Publix trip today: $112.55 worth of groceries, paid $32.68. Savings of 71%!
I could have saved another $5 if I had split my transaction up but the store was SUPER busy. I was a retard for shopping 2 days before Thanksgiving. It did not even cross my mind that my normal quiet shopping day would be hectic with screaming children, running teenagers, little old men who were sent on a shopping trip having no clue where anything was at in the store, and of course those who like to park their buggy in the middle of the aisle. Ha! I also can't forget the kid who rang the bell and ran out the door. Classic, I tell you.

I feel for those who work in retail today. I was just happy to make it out the door today with all my toes intact. :) Seriously! When I picked up the turkey the netting ripped off of it!! At least I made the older couple next to me laugh.

I grabbed two unexpected deals today! In my coupon file I found a bogo q for the Uncle Ben's rice which had a bogo sale this week = 2 free boxes of rice! Also, the potatoes that were $1.99 this week had a coupon attached to it for $1 off wyb Breakstones Sour Cream (which was 2/$2, I also had 2 $.55q's) so I paid $2.88 for 2 bags of spuds and 2 sour creams!

We looked at one house last night and two today. We had a huge list we were supposed to look at today, but a bunch of them have sold in the last three days. One house today had some scary looking carpet like someone decided they just felt like spilling something ALL over every inch of carpet in all three bedrooms. Um, no thank you.

The search continues!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment