Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Fun Day!

A friend of ours from Alaska was visiting her mother here in Florida this past week. Yesterday she drove up and we spent the day together at the Holy Land Experience!
This was our first time to go here and we had such a nice time together! We were very impressed and really enjoyed the mini dramas that we saw.

One of the mini dramas was performed right here. They re-enacted the death, burial, and resurrection. I was too enthralled and too moved to take pictures while it was going on. It really makes you stop and think about  all that Jesus went through for each of us.
The centurions and other cast members of that play were praying before it was their time to begin acting. I just really thought that that was so cool!






 Here is Mrs. G in the belly of the whale with Jonah. :)

 Look Y'all! It's the serta sheep! lol
 This is an enormous replica! We listen to an archeologist give a 30 minute history lesson. It was so neat because I was able to better understand my head knowledge of this area from what I've learned in church. (I am one of those visual learners.)






It was so refreshing to have a day off just to have fun! We took Mrs. G to the airport this morning and now I am in the midst of cleaning my house. I am terrible about starting one project and moving to the next project without finishing the first one. What is sad is that I don't even realize that I didn't finish project one until I start project four. So I have to start back at the beginning and finish everything. :) At least it gets done... eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment