Sunday, May 11, 2014

Modge Podge + Glitter? GENIUS!

I am in the midst of redecorating Joanna's room. She got big girl furniture and her ghastly pink room totally clashes with it. (The pink has clashed with everything since day one, honestly. Although it is better than what the room was originally.) Hubby has given his permission to repaint it sometime this summer so I have decided to go with a light purple princess type theme.
I am slowly doing some DIY decorating projects and the latest was turning the switch/outlet plates into something fun and girly.
I took all these pictures with my phone so please excuse the quality. :)
 All you do is mix the modge podge with glitter of your choice. I used purple and white. Now obviously the white doesn't show up but I used it so I could throw in a different shimmer of blue and green here and there.

You are supposed to use a paint brush to apply evenly but I had to settle for my fingers so its bumpy a bit textured. Ha! Let it dry and then do touch ups where necessary. When I was happy with the results I used a spray sealant.
 Once again the pictures are blurry and you can't really tell how cute they are. I am looking forward to new paint in the future and then I will turn my attention to the master bedroom. We haven't done a thing with it in the almost three years we've lived here. I am way past ready to have a room that I actually like.
:)
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment