Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Current Happenings

We had some special visitors come by the house Sunday night before church. Michael's two sisters and their families are in town for vacation for the next few days. Josiah has been very excited that they were coming.

 My sweet Lady J likes to sneak into my room from time to time for some snuggles. We had fun yesterday taking pictures. Her giggles were so sweet.


 Michael caught a picture of Jo doing one of her chores... putting away socks. I remember when Josiah used to be little and do this same job. My how time is flying.
As far as my back is concerned I am finally feeling like I am recovering from the shots that I had last week. Yesterday I walked to my mailbox and back and today I've been able to sit up a little bit. Yay for small improvements. :)

The shots do seem to be helping overall. I am not in extreme or constant pain all day and night anymore. I am also regaining some movement and starting to get very antsy to get out of the house when I am not in pain.

So many of you have asked how long will it take for my back to heal. The best answer I can give is an estimate. The doctor says that hopefully between the 4 and 6 month mark that I will feel better and can start to resume life. He also says that total healing will not happen for a least a year.

I have been banned from lifting anything remotely heavy, bending, twisting, driving, or any heavy exercise for quite a while. I have to mentally retrain myself to walk properly. I've gotten into the bad habit of shuffling since it was easier on my back.

I am hoping to be able to go to the beach next week with all the family before they leave. I can lay down on the trip there and lay down on the beach so I am praying and being very careful not to do anything stupid that would prevent me from going. I am so ready to get out of the house. My hubby is ready for me to too! He says the longer I'm stuck in the house the longer my Pinterest inspired honey-do list gets. :)

Well, that is all for now. Its time for a little rest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment