Friday, January 24, 2014

P is for Pumpkin

This week has been a semi-relaxing week for me and the kids. We have gotten up, ate breakfast and started school whenever it happened. It has been nice to take it easy this week and to just do things whenever instead of pushing to get things done by a certain time. No projects, no deadlines, just taking it easy.

Josiah started learning his six addition family. He is also working on his number words.
 We have seen a bit of improvement with his reading this week. It is taking less time for him to sound out his words. We have been encouraging him to think it in his head and then say it out loud. It's getting there! :)
 We had our 100th day of school this week. We didn't really do anything super special besides saying its our 100th day! YAY! To which Josiah replied "Are done with school forever and ever then?" hahaha NO!
 We are currently reading a Critter Kids book, A Mystery At Big Horn Ranch. Josiah is really loving the western style of the book. He begs for me to read him two chapters at a time instead of one. In one of yesterday's chapters it was a breakfast scene and grits were involved. Josiah asked what grits were so I explained it to him. He doesn't remember eating them and asked if we could have some for breakfast.
He woke up this morning and remembered about his grits and was so excited to try them. He took a big bite and exclaimed "Grits are GOOD!" hahaha He only wanted a few bites though. It's an improvement over the last time he had them and said they were "yuck". I surely didn't tell him that, though! :)

I am loving the enthusiasm I see when he is doing something he truly enjoys. I was washing the dishes and he was begging me to stop and read to him. I told him that when I finished the dishes that I would. He said "Then I will help you so you can read to me quicker!"

I asked him to wash the table and counter for me. He took his rag and washed the table, counter, front of the stove and frig, opened the microwave and cleaned the inside, then he wiped the walls, front door, and credenza. I told him how much of a help he was to me.

 "Good, Can you read now? I want to know what happens at the ranch!"

Pretty sure my heart melted. :) 

Week 21: Complete!  


No comments:

Post a Comment