Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful- Nov 9th

Today I am thankful for IMPERFECTIONS.

Oh, peoples, you have NO idea how badly I want to hit the back space button on that word. Over the course of the last few weeks I have learned that I am, in reality, a perfectionist. I want everything to be perfect, I want it to fit in my nice little box (which is gift wrapped with a pretty bow atop). I want no spills, overflows, nothing forgotten, nothing half way done. I want it symetrical! (ha, ha Alesha! Sorry, that is a bit of an inside joke.)

I look back on certain projects I have done and oh, I remember STRESSIN' like you wouldn't believe because it was NOT how I pictured it to be. A+B was not equaling C. This annoys me. A lot. 

(Enter craft time with the Jman)

 
 

So, he made a mess, the turkey has some crooked looking tail feathers, and some huge PINK eyes. Yet my little guy had so much fun. He definitely has his own way of doing certain things I am coming to find out.

I honestly had to repeat over and over. This is for fun, it doesn't have to be perfect. He is only three, of course he loves to squirt glue everywhere. He is having fun. It does NOT need to be perfect. He will not do it just like me. He is having fun. It DOES NOT need to BE perfect.

Ah, so yes, I stepped out of my box and allowed the turkey to be crooked, I cleaned up the glue and snapped pictures of my happy little man. It is okay to be imperfect...  sometimes. I have a feeling God will continue to beat me up against the head with this lesson. So if you see me working on a project and I am chanting to myself... well, you know what it is about.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
...and all crooked-feathered, pink-eyed turkeys.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so hard, isn't it? I always thought a perfectionist was someone who wanted things to be perfect, but I've discovered a perfectionist is someone who wants things to be Perfectly Their Way. Big difference, huh? Argh!

    You will have to balance "doing your best" and "doing it perfectly" for Josiah, too, sounds like. Aaaaand, if you happen to not get THAT exactly perfect, then he'll need the Lord to help him...and that is a good thing! :)

    Loved the pics!

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. God sometimes works within our imperfections. While we work so hard at the things we know we can control and perfect, he finds that uncontrolled and imperfect place and begins to do a work. A perfect work! :)

    ReplyDelete