Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Garlic Breathing Dragon

Unfortunately, I have been pretty much sick since the end of July. None of my home remedies were kicking the yuckies out of my system so I headed to the doctor. He gave me some antibiotics and a list of To Do's and sent me on my merry little way. He was optimistic that the meds would kick out the germies.

Thankfully, he gave me 2 refills and the meds were free at Publix. I took those pills for three weeks and was JUST starting to notice a difference. Once I got off the medicine though, I started to feel lousy again. Back to the doctor I go. Now it has developed into bronchitis. Yippie Skippie. Now I have to buy expensive meds and continue with that list of To Do's. I have been off that medicine just over a week now and guess what? I am feeling rather lousy again.

So yesterday, I remembered my friend/cousin saying something about garlic. Since I was feeling sick again I got this brilliant idea to start loading myself up with garlic. Only I do not have garlic in the pill form at my house like my friend takes. I have a couple bulbs though. So to Google I go trying to figure out the best way to take this garlic.

Easiest way... just eat it. Have Mercy! I tried it. Eyes watered, nose ran, and my mouth and esophagus was ON FIRE! For the next hour I felt like I was a fire breathing dragon. I've never thought of garlic as being hot and I LOVE me some garlic (we eat it all the time) but that was the first time I've ever just taken a bite of a clove of garlic. In my defense, I never think straight when I am not feeling well. :)

This morning after a bit more research I made garlic toast. YUMMY! I loved it and I am not on fire! So that is my saga of the garlic breathing dragon. So Lord willing, the extra intake of garlic will help kill the germies and if not at least I will enjoy the garlic toast. :)

Now as you are shaking your head wondering what planet I am from, I leave you with some pictures of Josiah during his preschool time.


 I thought he did magnificent on some free hand writing! Maybe Michael and I are biased but we think he did great for a 3 1/2 year old!



Proverbs 3:13   
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't shaking my head...I was giggling hysterically! So sorry...I know I should be more compassionate! It reminded me of the first time I loaded up that cotton swab with peppermint oil and swabbed ALL OVER the inside of my nostrils. I thought I would die before it quit burning.

    I really hope it helps you feel better. Oh, and Mama swears by gargling with salt water every morning and evening. :)

    Josiah is doing GREAT on the freehand writing!!! :)

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete