Saturday, October 20, 2012

Boktoberfest

Ready for a picture post? :) We went to Bok Tower Gardens this morning for their Boktoberfest and we had a blast! We didn't really check out admission price but it ended up being free admission! (Can I hear an Amen!) I love free family activities!
Boktoberfest is a huge plant sale. I so wish we had some money to throw at some plants this year because they had some pretty decent prices. They had some live entertainment, food booths, and activities for kids. We did all the free stuff. :)
 They had a little petting zoo type thing that Josiah and Daddy enjoyed together.
 "Hi, Rooster!"

 Josiah LOVED Juggles the Clown. He giggled the whole time. It was so fun just to watch him enjoy himself. That is probably one of the nicest things about being a parent is to see your child enjoying himself.
 I mean really. Do you see that smile?!!
 Part of the show included a rabbit and Josiah actually left us to go up front to pet him. He is venturing out and growing up. :)
 Probably my favorite part of the day was seeing some "Red Hat" ladies. They always crack me up with their hats. After the clown show one of them came up to me and asked to take a picture with Joanna because and I quote "She is a future red hatter with that hair bow!" LOL So I let her hold Joanna as I took a picture of the ladies.
Joanna was enthralled with the lady on the end in the huge hate. She was attracted to all that bling. What can I say, she is girly girl!
 Once the picture was made we found a picnic table and ate our lunch that we brought with us. At that time the entertainment was some sort of German singers and I laughed at some of the old guys getting up and doing some polka dancing down front. I also saw several get up and do the chicken dance. (Umm, wow. We will leave it at that.)

We had a conversation with a guy across from us that started with me translating Wunderbar (German for wonderful). Ha Ha! I guess all my Amish books come in handy. He asked if I've ever been to Amish country which started me on my "dream vacation" talk. :)

They also had one of the trees set up for tree climbing. Michael wanted to do it so bad but he wasn't about to pay $12 to do it. Then he proceeds to talk about wanting to rock climb. (Ack!)
Some of those kids impressed me with their skills.
 Family Pic - Joanna was zonked out at this point.
 Josiah listening to the carillon bells and Michael watching the tree climbers.
 
 {love}


 Frisbee
 Jumping off a pile of rock on our way to the truck. He is such a boy!
I hope we get to do this again next year! We had fun and spent nada to do it!

Psalm 16:11 
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

2 comments:

  1. So nice! And you had SUCH a gorgeous day for it!!! Hey those flowers are starting to work - the Red Hat Ladies knew that Joanna was a girl!!! Of course, she's really getting to be so pretty that only a idiot would not recognize her gender. ;)

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day to spend outdoors! I was so thankful that we weren't sweating buckets!

      Delete