Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yard Sales, Parties, and A Good Neighbor

Me, Michael, Josiah, Dory, & Baby Hannah all piled into the truck and headed to Celebration this morning. I was so pleased with the cool weather we had, it made walking around so much more enjoyable! We were hunting with furniture in mind like end tables or a small table, but we were not having any luck finding something that was priced right and still in good condition.

What we did find though is something I've been wanting to get Michael for a very long time. I also wanted one so it just worked out! :)


Isn't it beautiful?!!! 
Thanks to the skills taught by Dave Ramsey, Michael was able to steal buy that bad boy for only $80! It retails around $230 and it is in excellent condition. 

Now we just have to save up to buy a propane tank. lol

Then in the afternoon we went to a birthday party for Mayson.

 The grand total of all two pictures I took :(




I was fixing to take a picture of the cute little birthday boy and then Michael calls my name. Josiah decided to poop in his underwear because he was so distracted with all his cousins toys. Arg! I was just bragging to my sister how I've not had to deal with really any accidents for weeks. So I don't have a picture of Mayson and I've learned my lesson about bragging. :-/

Once we came home we got busy working around the house. Michael took down the windows that was on the screened in porch. I helped by unscrewing a ton of brackets. The boys got a haircut somewhere throughout all that, a load of laundry got done (which may or may not still be in the dryer), and the step outside of the porch got re-done.

Another project that Michael and I started working on was duct taping a broken screen so it would stop flapping and hopefully keep out the bugs. It was only meant to be temporary since we didn't have the screen or tools needed. We got it almost done when a neighbor came over to introduce himself and 'help' us with our screen. 

He said he heard the duct tape, saw what we were doing and cringed. lol He took one look at our redneck rigging and said he'd be right back. When he came back he had a piece of screen, a ladder, and the tools to replace the screen!

He owns his own contractor company, the t-shirt he was wearing advertised the re-screening portion of the company. (We are still laughing about it!) It took him no more than 10 minutes to replace our screen for us.
We seriously have some awesome neighbors! We are so thankful that this is the house and neighborhood that God put us in. 

It has been a very full day and I am looking forward to a little sleep and then Church in the morning! 

Have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

  1. God definitely has put some great neighbors near yall.
    So what did Dave Ramsey say to do about the grill??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, the main things are to decide what you want to spend, pull out the $ show it to them and say I've got $____ will you take it for the _____? If they say no then you walk away. He does a whole segment of his seminars about how to shop. He tells you to have walk away power, and to not look like you are completely in love with whatever it is. I am sure there is a better way to say it and I know I am missing a few pointers but it is very helpful! It's hard to say no when you see the cash right in front of you. :)

    ReplyDelete