Sunday, October 24, 2010

No Thinking Required

For date night on Friday Michael took me to "The Man Store". He wanted me to look at cabinets so he could get an idea of what I wanted and what price range we needed to stick to. 
He asked me whether I wanted to go to Home Depot or Lowes. We've just in recent years had a Lowes built near us so I am so used to just going to HD. So I told him lets go there. After a few minutes of driving Michael declares that we weren't going the the depot but to Lowes. Ok, whatever, doesn't matter since we're "JUST LOOKING".

We walk in and look at what they have to offer. Lots of nice options, but seriously, I am not going to pay that much money!!! I said to Michael, "Where's the clearance aisle?" I've not paid full price for something in so long that I am not about to start now.

We found the two of the most beautiful cabinets on markdown due to damage. One was obvious but the other said that it was damaged inside. After a quick look we couldn't see anything. One of the managers came over opened it up and found NOTHING wrong with it! It was marked down by accident!
Too bad it was still out of our price range. We told the dude that... then he told us to come back tomorrow and test drive a new car. 

Um, excuse me?

Yes, come back tomorrow, test drive a car, and get a $15 gift card to Lowes. If both of you drive, both of you get a gift card.

Some things you just don't need to think about for very long. We returned Saturday, drove a car, got $30, bought our cabinet. (Which we of course put right behind the damaged one the night before.) 



And the great thing about it was that they told us to come back Sunday and get another $15 each....

Yes Ma'am!

So after lunch we headed back and bought paint for the bathroom! 



I am so incredibly excited how everything is coming together! I am going to look forward to having a pretty bathroom and knowing that we didn't break the bank to do it!

(Don't y'all just love how my clearance + coupon towel holder looks up against the cabinet?)

Another wonderful thing about it was I told a neighbor who also told a neighbor and we all saw each other there today as they got their gift cards and bought some things they needed as well! Also, probably the greatest news was that those neighbors were able to lead their 'passenger' to the Lord! 

On a side note, I talked to that same manager everyday we were there. He gave me some good tips about their clearance mark downs and also told me that if I brought in my Ace coupons that he'd take them!!! Of course that was after I told him that we were going to buy paint for the front door at Ace because we had a coupon, and that I am not paying full price for anything. Then he told me where all the clearance aisles were located. :) hehehehe!

I told Michael that that guy knew I'd be a loyal customer if I knew the ends and outs of the clearance aisles. Now maybe if I can calm down I might take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so I zoomed in on your picture of the paint, and it is "cactus shadow" and I heart it alot!!!!! :)

    looking forward to the amazing transformation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alesha, did you like my cowboy boots as well? I love the names that they give the colors of paint. :) It sounds like my bathroom should be western.

    ReplyDelete