Monday, October 18, 2010

My Weekend & the Ladies Conference

I had a wonderful weekend! It all started Thursday when I left to take Thomas back to my sister. After lunch and my strawberry malt (which I had inhaled before my sister had drank maybe a fourth of hers) we headed to one of my favorite stores... Bed, Bath, & Beyond! I am currently in the process of redecorating my bathroom, because those ducks have to go. This is my 'inspiration'.


It is hard to really see the colors but the top is green and the bottom is brown. Anyways, I went into the store with the purpose of buying one item with my coupon to add to my bathroom. I figured on buying a toothbrush holder but my ever watchful sister saw a towel holder on CLEARANCE! After running up front to make sure I could use my coupon on a clearance item I am now the proud owner of a very pretty towel holder!


Following that me & Becky went and got a DELUXE pedicure. I had never had a deluxe before and now I do believe I am hooked. Yep, my legs are wrapped in hot towels after a nice massage and my feet are in a plastic bag that has a whole bunch of hot wax... it was wonderful!



We arrived for the conference at lunch time on Friday. The sessions were just what I needed to hear. I feel so spiritually refreshed. I laughed until I cried sometimes. This was the first time I had ever heard Trish McCoy speak in person. She kept us in stitches!



I am looking forward to next year already! I do believe I want to go early though so I can take advantage of all the shopping and the seashore.








This was our tea party... oh. my. gracious. That food was sinful. Banana bread with cream cheese in the middle, lemon muffins, scones, & cookies. Did I mention banana bread with cream cheese in the middle?



Here is a bit of the centerpieces for the tables.






I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to go but I do have to say it is good to be home. I missed my guys.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed how cute your little piggies looked yesterday, but I forgot to say something! Now I know why they looked so pretty! LOL!

    Wowzers on the beautiful tables! Lots of talent in that group of ladies, I'd say. So glad that you were filled spiritually, as well.

    Oh, and your inspiration piece is FAB-U-LOUS!!! My 2 favorite colors!!! Can't wait to see pics of your finished bathroom. (although, I know it might take awhile, since you'll be waiting to purchase everything on sale, with a coupon! LOL!)

    Thanks for the fun post!
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post! I'm still stuck on the strawberry malt!! Sounds SOOOOOOOO yummy!!

    Looks like a wonderful conference! Was that at Landmark?

    ReplyDelete
  3. McMama, the conference was in Cape Coral at Gulf Coast Baptist Church. And the malt is very yummy! Totally worth all the calories! lol

    ReplyDelete