Thursday, October 10, 2013

G is for Goat

One of our friends who keeps up to date with what Josiah is learning loaned us a book about butterflies this week.

(Can I just insert right here that this is one of my favorite things about homeschooling? Others who become involved in our homeschooling adventure by asking Josiah questions, listening to him answer and engage him in a meaningful conversation. I love it! It also gives me a chance to see how well Josiah can take information and relay it to someone else.)

Anyway, so we borrowed this book and we really enjoyed reading through it. It also had a simple craft that Josiah begged me to do with him. :) We made a butterfly paper chain and then he had fun coloring them all.
 Joanna didn't want to be left out of all the fun.
 Josiah learned how to write 'r' and 'f' in cursive this week. He had a bit of difficulty with the f but nothing more practice will not cure. ;) I love how Jo is in the background reading a book.
 After a few weeks of not being able to make it to the library we were finally able to make it back this week.
 They had a jungle theme story time and of course they had to ask what sound a lion makes. Josiah seems to have this incredible ability to roar extremely loud. I may or may not have plugged my ears.
 Lady J turns a year and a half next week... and she already holds a pencil almost perfectly. She amazes me at what she is picking up.
Tomorrow we are taking the day off from school and the kids get to spend the next two days with Daddy!!! I am headed south for a ladies conference and I am looking forward to and dreading the time away. This will be the first time I've traveled more than an hour so I am praying my back holds up for the whole trip.

And if you think about it... pray my husband and children (and house) survive the next few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment