Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bloggy Catch Up

I thought I would try to catch up the bloggy world on our recent activities without going crazy and posting a thousand pictures from the last few weeks. So to keep it a bit simple I will catch you all up on our weekend. I know you are all fascinated and can not contain your excitement. ;)


My sister came to town and we were all able to go have dinner together Friday night. Joanna learned the fine art of stacking cream containers and then knocking them over. Josiah sat by Grandaddy at the other end of the table and got whatever his little heart wanted. Which included pancakes, chicken tenders, tea, chocolate milk, and chocolate ice cream. I better not hear my Dad complain about not getting to spoil him enough. He didn't have to ride home with the child who talked for the next twenty minutes without taking a breath. ;)



Saturday morning my neighbor/friend rode to Celebration with me to attend the community wide yard sale. We were there for maybe thirty minutes or so when Michael sent this picture of Joanna to me with the caption that this is what happens when Daddy is in charge of dressing the kids. :) I love how her tummy is poking out of her shirt. heehee


For the curious minds I found some pretty good finds at the yard sale. The only one I can show you is this little table that I picked up for $5! :) I have been wanting a little table like this for a very long time. Now to convince the hubby I need a bench for in front of the window! I really want this little space specifically for my quiet time. Can anything be better than a special little nook for me, my Bible, and a glass of sweet tea?

The other items I got from the yard sale were all for the kids for Christmas. I spent less than $20 for everything I got and I really feel like I got some great stuff! :)
 I have no pictures from Saturday night or Sunday. We had our friends over for supper Saturday night. I was thinking that we are such good friends that we were able to say come and eat and fellowship but y'all need to leave by 7pm. LOL! Michael taught the adult Sunday School class and then Jr. Church so he needed some extra study time. So they were very understanding... at least I think so. haha 
 Michael has had a date planned for us for a while and we were excited to go Monday night. At the last minute we found out our babysitter was sick. :( I was kinda bummed out and it seemed we were going to have to cancel our reservations. Michael pulled out his phone to call and then my phone starting ringing. Talk about timing! Our friends that we kicked out of our house early on Saturday night said they could keep our munchkins for us!!! :)
After dropping the kids off we still made it on time! We actually got seated in the VIP section of the show! We got to sit on a comfy bench rather than the hard back chairs. The food was surprisingly tasty for a dinner theater. We enjoyed the pirate themed show and my husband said "Aarg!" all. night. long.
 Tuesday morning was kinda crazy for me. I decided it would be a great choice to pull out one of my frozen meals for that evening so I wouldn't have to try to cook amidst the craziness. When I pulled this container out of the freezer it made me smile. :) I love my hubby! He makes life better even when he can't be by my side during the day.
Tuesday evenings are date nights and it was our turn to babysit. Michael and I had a fabulous idea to take the kids on a walk. We got 3/4 of the way up the hill and I stopped and said that it looked like rain just to the right of us. Then WHAM! It started raining! Thankfully I had the jogging stroller and took off running back to the house. Michael had a little umbrella stroller and had to walk back. Praise the Lord, we all made it back home before the bottom fell out. :) Just another instance to add to the craziness. But really, when the crazy day is done what can be better than to listen to three giggling kids playing a game while holding a sleeping baby?
The answer? Nothing.

Well, maybe a glass of sweet tea. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment