Friday, March 29, 2013

Bathroom Makeover!

Our hall bathroom has been a source of frustration for me over the last year. It ALWAYS smelled! I would clean and spray freshener and still it would stink to high heavens. BLECK! 
Thanks to this years' tax return we were able to replace the floor and paint and OH, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
Here is the before. Wood laminate flooring, separating and bubbled in places.
 Under the wood was stained linoleum.
 The smell was horrific. I can not describe to you how bad it really smelled. I do not even want to think too hard about it. I mean really... it was disgusting.
 After both floors and baseboards were pulled up I bleached the floor and lower walls like a mad woman for several days.
Here are the after pictures. It smells... clean. YAY!!!!!
 For the walls we chose a decorative paint. I have always wanted to try one. I had to roll on a regular can of paint and let it dry overnight. Then I had to brush an iridescent pearl top coat in sections, allow 10-15 of dry time then I had to swirl the tacky paint using a trowel. It was a bit involved but I love it!
 My hubby painted the ceiling for me as well as giving our tacky gold light fixture a coat of spray paint that was leftover from another project. One day we will replace it... maybe next years' tax return. ;)
 The door and new baseboards got a coat of paint and are waiting on a second coat. I'll get to it next week, hopefully.
 Michael did a fabulous job tiling both bathrooms!  He is scared that I am going to have him tiling me a back splash in the kitchen now. Muahaha
There were some other odds and ends that we got done. A new toilet seat that actually matches the toilet was bought, a new rug and trash can as well. Michael used some WD-40 to remove some stuff that was drawn on the mirror from previous residents. And Goo Gone took some weird super glue-like substance off the counter top. There are some stains on the counter that unfortunately don't want to come off. Oh, well.

I have a pretty blue shower curtain but we are still trying to find the rod that we want at a decent price. And I think I talked the hubby into letting me buy a new toilet paper holder. ha! The ones that came with the house are these plastic dollar store quality ones. The least little bump in the wrong way and they fall down and you spend the next five minutes rolling the toilet paper back up. Besides... they are ugly too.

I would still like to get a smaller rug for in front of the sink and new soap dispenser and tooth brush holder. All that will come when there is extra money and I find what I want. :) I don't want to give Michael a heart attack. hehe!


Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment