Monday, May 14, 2012

A little bit of life

 I know I am constantly saying how busy some weeks are but y'all the last couple weeks have been SLAM FULL with things to do, places to go, and diapers to change.
 
The Lord allowed me to celebrate another birthday a couple weeks ago. A sweet couple gave me a picture which encouraged me to want the rest of what pictures we have to get hung up. I thought it was so sweet how Michael always tries to find ways to allow Josiah to 'help' him do things around the house. Daddy makes even pulling weeds seem fun to our little guy.
 This was story time after Josiah's nap. I think that story was about Prince Josiah rescuing Princess Joanna from a dragon. 
Our sweet and cute kiddos one Sunday before church.
 This past Friday was some sort of national free park day. Bok Tower was participating so Michael took a long lunch break so we could go enjoy a family picnic.
 Josiah has been talking about picnics for the last couple months so I was excited for him to finally get his picnic.

 Sweet tea in a mason jar. Is there anything better? Well, I had homemade lemonade with enough sugar in it to be considered sinful... but it was oh, so delicious!
 We also enjoyed chicken salad sandwiches, watermelon slices, and banana pudding. Josiah helped me make the pudding the day before but he would not eat any of it since it tasted like bananas. I still can't believe my child doesn't like bananas.
 Lookin' at the fishies!
This weekend we watched my cousin get married on Friday night, had a mother/daughter luncheon on Saturday and Church and College Graduation on Sunday. Tis the season for end of the year activities. :)
 Joanna had her first Skype session with Grandma and Grandpa Case, too. :)
 My Mother's Day Gifts! I love them so much!
 Our kiddos with their God-Mother. Josiah told us this past week that he wants to marry Miss Jennifer. We told him he has very good taste but that she was already married. :)


 Josiah LOVES Joanna! Here he is humming to her as he pats her back. It just melts my heart!
As I close this long post of pictures I thought I'd share a snapshot that just makes me cringe and laugh. Some of my fb friends are participating in the photo of the day for May and one of the days was to be of the kitchen. All the pictures made me jealous of how clean they were... this was what my kitchen looked like on that particular day. Scary, huh? Especially since you can't even see all the loads of laundry, the dishes, or how dirty the floor was in this one picture. Oh, how do you like the two garbage cans? lol
It doesn't look like that anymore thanks to my hubby! Have I mentioned how blessed I am to be married to that man?

1 comment:

  1. I think that Miss Joanna is not going to be a smiley baby for pictures; but, I'm telling you, I think it doesn't matter! When she has her eyes open, with that little frown and all those wrinkles on her forehead - she is adorable!!!!! To me, it looks like she is thinking very, very hard about all that is going on around her, and I just love that! :) And, of course, J-Man more than makes up for it with all of his sweet smiles. :)

    Such a really fun post. (...and I know - it has been SO busy around here lately! Ugh...I'm hoping it slows down at least a little bit this week.) With that in mind, I'm amazed you took so many great pictures in all the busy-ness! Good job, Mommy!!! :)

    {{{Hugs}}}
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete