Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our New Arrival

 Monday morning I had a sonogram and prenatal visit scheduled. Little did I know that I'd end up having a baby before the day was done.

The ultrasound showed that my fluid had stopped its slow increase and began decreasing. It decreased so much that it had reached the 'limit' and was no longer safe for our little Tadpole to stay in there, despite me drinking like a camel.

As you can imagine the next few hours were a bit crazy as we tried to grab everything we'd need for the next few days and drop Josiah off at Nana's house before heading to the hospital.
 Getting prepped and ready

 Dr. Jardine and Tadpole
 Six pounds and three ounces of Sweetness
 My first glimpse of Joanna McKinley
 {love}


 Bath Time
We were extremely blessed to know 
Joanna's nurse! She was a parent of a 
student that was in my third grade class that I taught.
 She took excellent care of our little princess!
 Joanna came to see me while I was in recovery.
 Daddy and his little lady


Thank you so much to those who have been praying for us. I couldn't ask for better friends, family, and church family who pray for each other!

More pictures to come later... as time and strength allow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I linked to your blog from mine today, so now anybody who clicks will see lots of pics of Joanna! :)

    She is just amazing! You did so good! I am in AWE!

    Love,
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete