Friday, April 6, 2012

Josiah's Prayer

Man, Oh, Man! Josiah has been so stinkin' cute when he has been praying as of late. Multiple times Michael and I can hardly contain our laughter because it is just so sweet and cute with what comes out of his mouth.

We, especially Michael, has been trying to teach him that when He prays he is actually talking to God and shouldn't just hurry through a prayer. He has been doing awesome (except at meal time) and we have praised him and told him that God is very pleased when we take time to really talk with Him.

I threw that 'except at meal time' in there because this is his normal meal time prayer.

Jesus, thank you for my food. Amen.

Sometimes he varies from the norm and says...

Jesus, thank you for my food and my cup. Amen

Or,

Jesus, thank you for my food and Daddy's food and Mommy's food and the blinds. Amen.

But my favorite time to hear him pray is during our family devotions/prayer time. Michael used to ask each of us what/who we are going to pray for that night but Josiah has taken over that job. "Mommy/Daddy, who you gonna pray for tonight?" Then Josiah tells us who He is going to pray for- we never know what he is going to say. Especially when he actually starts to pray. This week alone he has come up with some cute little things.

My favorite so far was-

Thank you for all my peoples at Church!

We totally cracked up when he said that! My second favorite was when he asked Jesus for a new couch. lol Mommy said a very loud Amen! :) One night he prayed for 'all the princesses'. (He thinks any girl who is dressed up nice is a princess.)

We've been praying for several people who are suffering with illness or injuries for a while now and I love it when I hear him pray for them because he has his own way of saying their name. It just makes me smile to hear the various pronunciations he comes up with. Dr. Herring is now Mr. Herin. Alesha is Miss Awesha. Joanna is Miss Jo-Nanna. Sometimes he'll stop and say "What's their name again?"

A few weeks back some of our dear friends who are family who are also Josiah's Godparents were really sick. We had been praying for them every night and finally one night Josiah tells me that we don't have to pray for Michael anymore because he is better, we just have to pray for Jennifer because she is still sick. He was quite serious when he said that too. :)

He also prays when its bedtime. This time can also be kinda cute. His favorite things to pray are-

Thank you that my room is painted, and for my curtains, and my bed, and my pictures.

It melts our hearts when he prays for Michael and I. He always follows it with a sweet little kiss to our cheek during praying. I love that little guy!

Josiah has been sitting with me in Church for the last two months and Sunday was the WORST NIGHT EVER!!! I was a bit frustrated by the end of that night to say the least. So Wednesday night before Michael sent him downstairs to me, they prayed together and asked Jesus to help Josiah to sit still and be quiet during the service. It was such a drastic change! He sat so still most of the time! I was so pleased. We thanked Jesus that night for helping Josiah to obey.

This morning while I was praying for our breakfast Josiah interrupts me and whispers "Pray for Daddy to go to the bank for my candy!" :) So I prayed that the nice bank lady will be working today and will remember Josiah's lollipop. 

Josiah has taught us so much about child like faith and about praying for and thanking God for little things like the rooms we've been able to paint or our neighbor's cute little puppy. Having children really is a blessing, he teaches us new things all the time.

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful reminder for me today - to keep that childlike faith that God will do what is best for me and to maintain that childlike attitude of gratitude.

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has His hand on Josiah and could not have blessed him with better parents! You and Michael are awesome! I know the Lord will reward your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete